As the general interest in this project has increased in the last weeks, we will accept submissions until March 14th.
What will Valencia look like in 2050? How will technology impact the built environment? How will people live in public space? How will mobility evolve and shape the streets? In collaboration with Las Naves and directed by Non Architecture we are searching for creative designers or teams with great architectural visualization skills and motivated to explore together new perspectives for the future of the city of Valencia (Spain).
Below some highlights of the project:
- Application is very easy, takes 10 minutes (1 PDF: team description + 3 own references + 3 inspirations).
- You need: a few hours a week for 6 months.
- We give back: 1500€ per team + exhibiting @ WDCV + Publication + Promotion.
- Perfect for students or as a side job – get out of routine with a creative project.
- We designed a gamified process so the development of the project will be engaging and fun.
- You do not need any specific 360º or VR experience
- Open to all: students, professionals, artists – No limitations
Five locations of Valencia will be analyzed and redesigned to showcase their possible evolution. Five design teams selected out of this call will produce a 360º view. In one image, half will show a dystopian future (180º) and the other half a utopian vision (180º).
The innovative project outcome is matched with an innovative approach to design. For each location, a design team picked through this Open Call will collaborate with Non A Studio to deliver conceptual creative designs. Five international teams will independently develop their own vision for the assignment. Non A. Studio will curate the process, provide background research and assist the designers. The 360º visualizations will be artistic representations of these future scenarios and participants will receive monetary compensation (1500€).
We can consider “Architecture” everything that has already been designed and/or built that would define a realm of conventional solutions, often repeated in a self-referential system. We imagined a counterpart, a “Non Architecture”. A world of unexplored designs and countless possibilities, that if found, could enlarge and change permanently the boundaries of architecture. A universe of chances and opportunities never challenged by architects before. A limitless field of investigation that includes everything that is not architecture, yet.
Non Architecture aims to find unconventional and unexplored design solutions in the field of architecture. The Valencia 360º project will show possible and imaginable future scenarios for the city of Valencia in 2050 through 360º visualizations of relevant public spaces.
The submission will be until Sunday, March 14th 23:59h (CET).
This call is open to motivated teams of up to 5 people who are interested in developing powerful images that explore Valencia in 2050 together with Non Architecture. This could be you! Are you …?
- Curious about Valencia and its futures
- Excellent at visualizing engaging scenes
- Thrilled about design for futures
- Available for a collaborative project during 2021
- Interested in creating knowledge through design
If this sounds like you, get on-board through the link below → http://bit.ly/Valencia-2050-thecityofthefuture